Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Amedei I Cru Ecuador 70% cacao

Very crisp snap when broken. Fairly bitter compared to other Amedei I Cru bars tasted recently. Interesting flavors during tasting -- no citrus or fruit. The flavors are earthy, reminiscent of nutmeg. There's a gentle finish, but edging towards metallic. 6.8

Additional note, July 25, 2010
When I first tasted this bar, I had just taken some medicine that may have affected my sense of taste. I saved a few pieces of this bar and tasted them today. I'm happy to report that the metallic taste is gone, and the bitterness that I noticed on first taste is reduced. I've revised the rating up to 7.2

1 comment:

Steve said...

From the label:
"The beans from this chocolate come from Ecuador. Its decisive cracking sound announces the start of a surprising taste excursion with inflections from the forest, the flavour of pistachio and accents of exotic fruits."