Monday, August 11, 2014

Madécasse Madagascar 80% cocoa

Quite bitter, so very few side flavors get through this barrier. Earthy, with wood and musk elements. Faint citrus can be gleamed when the winds are right. 7.1

I first reviewed this bar in 2010: Madécasse Madagascar strong & complex 80% cocoa At the time I noted that the bar I was tasting had been kicking around in my bag for a couple months. That is not a concern for the bar I tasted now. In addition to the 3 and a half years that have passed since that posting, the bar has a new label design. However the taste is in line with my original notes, though I may be able to appreciate the "strong & complex" nature of this bar more now. The new label has dropped this "strong & complex" description and now states: "bold flavor with a smooth finish."

No comments: