Thursday, November 10, 2016

Bovetti Dark 73% Cocoa

I bought this bar with the intension of reviewing it for this blog, but I noticed that the bar's ingredients lists is:


  • cocoa solids
  • sugar
  • cocoa butter
  • natural flavor: vanilla

[Emphasis added.] That last ingredient is the most significant contribution to this bar's flavor. There is a very strong vanilla component to the taste, otherwise the bar is fine.

Previously I have reviewed bars with vanilla added, however the intent of this blog is to review chocolate. I have not reviewed chocolate with sea salt, caramel, ginger, or any of the many other additional ingredients a chocolatier might add when creating a bar. Given the significant flavor that vanilla contributes when it is part of a chocolate bar, I feel it is time that I no longer review bars that include it.

So my review for this bar is simple: strong vanilla flavor. Clean finish.

No comments: