Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Stonegrindz Ecuador Esmeraldas 70% cacao

On first tasting the fruity profile of this chocolate is evident, reminiscent of plum with a slight hint of raisin. The label suggests jasmine as a flavor note, and I do recognize this floral aspect, though it is quite subtle. The aftertaste is sweet and smooth with a gradual tail off. 9.7

www.stonegrindz.com 

The label sports a Bronze award from the 2019 International Chocolate Awards, World. This is quite appropriate for this well made, flavorful bar. I have had experience with "stone ground" bars in the past and I do not prefer the rough texture of those bars, so I was initially put off by the name of this bar's maker, "Stonegrindz." However Jack at Chocolate Covered assured me that this was not a stone ground bar, and indeed it is not.

1 comment:

Steve said...

From the label:
"Tasting notes: fudge, jasmine, ripe berries"