Thursday, April 10, 2008

Michel Cluizel 1er Cru de Plantation "Mangaro" Madagascar 65% cocoa

Woody flavor, perhaps a nutmeg note, stands out on first taste, easing into some bitter tones. 7

Later Tasting, 27-July-2010
I would say that today I see very little of what I wrote above in this bar. Instead, there's a clearly tangy taste at the beginning, most reminiscent of citrus. Not much bitterness at all. The finish is clean and quite approachable for those put off by a strongly bitter dark chocolate. Nutmeg? I'm no longer getting that. This is a well made bar -- nice snap on breaking. 7.8

2 comments:

Steve said...

From the Package:

"Located on the island of Madagascar at the heart of the Indian ocean, in the rich valley of the river Sambirano, this plantation flourishes on the land of a former mango tree forest. The beans of these cocoa trees have enabled me to develop a highly flavoured chocolate, blending aromas of exotic fruits, delicious flavours of honey spice cake and acidulated hints of citrus fruits."

beee said...

A great chocolate, I love it!