Friday, March 29, 2013

Dandelion Elvesia 2011 Dominican Republic 70% cacao

The contrast between this bar and the Madagascar bar from Dandelion reviewed earlier is stark. Where that bar was fruity and flavorful, this one is bitter and monotone. The bitterness persists in the aftertaste. The flavor palette is earthy. I am mostly reminded of walnut as I taste this bar, though I would still go more with "earthy" than "nutty."

This bar is representative of other cacao from its region (it reminds me of Ecuador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Venezuela bars that I have tasted) and will provide you with a robust chocolate experience. 8.0

1 comment:

Steve said...

From the label:
"We recently met Jo Locandro and were excited to play with some of his beans from the "Swiss Farm" in the Dominican Republic. We taste notes of dried plums and tannic wine, ending with a roasty finish."