Monday, October 15, 2012

Jcoco Chocolates "Noble Dark" 72% cacao

Strong cocoa flavor, with a fair amount of bitterness. Not much else going on with this bar. 6.7

This bar is made by Seattle Chocolate company, which also made the Seattle Chocolates Truffle 65% Cacao that I reviewed last year. This looks like a "marketing bar," which I mean a bar more focused on the marketing than on the chocolate. There is a very bright, eye catching pink wrapper -- okay, I will take a look. There is clean, modern font, with no capitals. On the back is written, "We start with pure quality and fuss over each exquisite ingredient and detail to bring you the experience of American couture chocolate." Well, that is saying a lot without saying much. "Pure quality?" Quality what, I wonder. "American couture chocolate?" Now they are getting a bit too much of themselves.

Opening the wrapper and the inside text reports how the company will serve food to so done in need with each bar purchased. Then we see three smaller bars with attractive young people on the wrappers enjoying a fun activity. Putting aside the over-packaging (I admit that the individually wrapped bars could be convenient for sharing or eating a smaller amount than the whole bar), I now feel I have been over-marketed to.

If you are still longing for more marketing, their website is:

www.jcocochocolate.com

No comments: