Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Guilty Pleasure -- Berger Cookies

I traveled to Baltimore over Thanksgiving, and brought back some Berger Cookies.  Calling them a "cookie" is a slight misnomer. It's actually a thick layer of fudge layered on top of a thin cookie substrate.  I'm sure other bakeries make a cookie like this, but Berger's have been the go-to provider of this type of cookie for Baltimore.
I call it a "guilty pleasure" because the Nutrition Label for the cookie reveals that transfats are used in its making. It is my understanding that 1) transfats are not good for your health and 2) that food products can generally be made without transfats in all cases.  So let us avoid them, yes?

Well, yes in most cases.  I'll make an occasional exception for Berger Cookies. Okay, that's my allotment for the year!

www.bergercookies.com

No comments: