Monday, December 31, 2012

Dandelion Venezuela 70% cacao

A strong, assertive chocolate. Fairly bitter, but that backs up the assertion. Overtones of vanilla can be noticed, and I agree with the "malty notes" mentioned on the label. There is a long aftertaste, trailing from the bitter edge. A good way to close out 2012! 8.0

I started off 2012 with a tasting of Dandelion Tanzania 70% cocoa. I also tasted their Dandelion Madagascar 70% cacao the prior November, at which time I mentioned that I had been told they were moving to San Francisco. Looks like the move was completed, as the address on the label is in The City. I'm looking forward to more bars from Dandelion.

1 comment:

Randgalt said...

Beautiful packaging. Is it really just chocolate and sugar (i.e. no lecithin, no vanilla)? Wow.