Friday, August 17, 2012

Vestri I Classici Amargo 81% cocoa

Rich in cocoa, and a resulting bitter start, middle and end. The aftertaste is long and bitter. There is some cherry underneath this most prominent thrust. 7.0

In early July I visited Washington, DC for the Atlas Summit. During my stay I found a chocolate store that appeared to have some interesting products, Cocova. It is located near DuPont Circle, so I took Metro over and walked the few blocks to the store. It was hot! I was slightly concerned about the product I might buy, that it might succumb to the heat. Fortunately, my focus is on dark chocolate, which stands up pretty well to high temperatures.

The store was a nice relief for the heat. It is small, and located below ground level and well air-conditioned. There was good variety in the store, though not as extensive as my favorite stores in San Francisco.

The Vestri bar was by far the nicest packaged of the bars on display, but the price was high! $15.25 for 75 grams (2.6 ounces). I had not heard of this brand, but I had great experience with other Italian brands, so I thought it would be worth a try. My evaluation is that it is not worth the price.

www.vestri.it

No comments: