Sunday, April 7, 2013

deRochonnet Delights Dark Chocolate

deRochonnet Delights Dark Chocolate (back)This bar provides a nice chocolate experience. Rich cocoa on first taste. The aftertaste has a strong edge of bitterness. Some cherry notes are apparent.  7.4

I received this bar from my brother, who lives in the town where it is made, Midlothian, Virginia. The bar does not list the cocoa content, but I would estimate it to be at least 65% cocoa.

The business card that my brother included indicates that the owner has done extensive study on the practice of making chocolate. As my review indicates, the bar has great taste, though I did see some surface defects on the bar's front (I circled an example in the picture). This is a very minor point, and it does distinguish bars made by small manufacturers and those made by high-volume manufacturers.
deRochonnet Delights Dark Chocolate (front)

www.deRochonnetdelights.com

No comments: