Thursday, April 18, 2013

Dick Taylor Madagascar 72% cacao

A strong citrus flavor is present, but a surprising chalkiness can be noticed in the finish. This sours the taste experience. Not very bitter, and not much of an aftertaste. 7.2

I expected to really like this bar after my experience with the Dick Taylor Belize Organic 72% cacao bar, to which I gave one of my highest ratings.  I shared this bar with friends while sipping a robust Cabernet Sauvignon, and it did pair well enough, though the chalkiness that I mentioned above was there.

We were sitting on the roof top of the building where one of my friends lives and had a spectacular view of my city, San Francisco.

2 comments:

Steve said...

From the label:
"Tasting notes: Molasses / Orange / Raisin / Toast"

Steve said...

Tasted this bar again -- my reactions are similar to my original post, but I would give it a higher rating, maybe 8.3.