Saturday, April 27, 2013

Valrhona Gran Couva 2012 Trinidad 64% cocoa

There is a crisp snap when biting into this bar. Cocoa flavors dominate. Very low bitterness, and an aftertaste that continues the cocoa theme. A respectable bar, not complex. 7.4

On my prior post I shared a photo of the view I was enjoying while tasting the Dick Taylor Madagascar bar. While reviewing this bar I am enjoying another inspirational view, the Sonoma coast. I hope I am objective enough to not let the view influence the review!

1 comment:

Steve said...

From the label:
"Trinidad, the most southerly of the Caribbean islands, is a historic source of Trinitario cocoa beans. Nestling in the fertile hillsides of Montserrat, the little village of Gran Couva is home of one of the island's oldest plantations. On its rich, humid soils, the estate's planters grow their precious crop according to the traditional methods necessary to extract all their subtle aromas of dried mint and fresh spices."