Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Aurora Chocolate Amargo 60% cacao

Gentle chocolate flavor, with a spicy edge to the taste. Edges towards milk chocolate sweetness. Some fine nibs noticeable in the bar. 7.1

This bar is the first that I have reviewed that is made from Cuban-origin cacao and also made in Cuba. It was brought home by my colleague Mark, who recently traveled to Cuba on a cultural exchange event. Thanks for thinking about ChocoCheck and bringing home a bar for review, Mark!

The Aurora bar appears to be made by an educational institution. I do not usually include the reverse side of the label for bars I review, but for those interested, and who can translate the Spanish, I am including the other side in this post.

I have previously reviewed one other Cuban-origin bar, made by a Belgian manufacturer which garnered a high rating: Benoit Nihant Cuba Baracoa 74% cacao

No comments: