Monday, July 29, 2019

Patric Madagascar 67% cocoa

As I often expect from chocolate with an origin of Madagascar, this bar is fruity and bright. There are citrus flavors, but stronger is a sweet cherry aspect. The label reports "Bright Notes or Berries & Citrus." On the back of the package is a reference to "red wine and a hint of almond." From my tasting, I recognize the almond flavor, but the berries and red wine are not as pronounced. 9.3

In 2012 I reviewed the Patric Madagascar 75% cacao. I gave it a fairly low rating, so either my taste has changed, Patric has changed how it is making its bars, or the difference between 75% and 67% cocoa content is significant. I would guess it is a combination of all three.

1 comment:

Steve said...

From the label:
"Bright Notes of Berries & Citrus"