Monday, May 28, 2012

François Pralus Djakarta 75% cacao

Clean, bright taste, without any bitter component. Some citrus notes, and an almost buttery aftertaste. Incredibly pleasant experience.  9.5

This is the first in a series of Pralus bars that I will be tasting. I hope they are all as well put together as this one! If you would like to compare, search for Pralus on the blog search box -- I've tasted a few others and have given consistently high marks, with one exception which still rated a respectable grade. I bought these bars at the Cocoa Bella store in the San Francisco Centre.

I should also mention that this bar has an expiration date of March 8, 2012, but two months later than that, it is still holding up quite well.

1 comment:

Steve said...

From the label:
"Fresh and subtle, woody aroma with wild mushrooms, slightly acid and long on the palate."